- The purpose of SwiNOG is to further improve the quality of Internet and other
IP-based services available in Switzerland.
- SwiNOG fosters the exchange of ideas and information between technical
personnel involved with designing or operating parts of the Swiss Internet.
- SwiNOG is non-political, and is not a lobby group. But it may serve as a focus
for discussion on technical aspects of political, legal or commercial issues
that effect the Swiss Internet.
- SwiNOG is aimed at technical personnel working for Service Providers active
in Switzerland, but it is open to anyone interested in furthering the SwiNOG
goals. Subscription to the mailing list constitutes 'membership' of SwiNOG.
- SwiNOG is not a legal entity. There is no formal membership or organisation,
and no fees.
- The principle channels for information exchange are the mailing list, web sites,
and regular meetings every 3-4 months.
- SwiNOG is a communal effort. Resources such as mailing lists, web sites, meeting
organisation and so on are very welcome from any persons or companies kind enough
to offer them.
- The working languages are any official Swiss language plus English.